Pages


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jaiden - "Melody" feat. Yummy Bingham


Y'all betta saaaang! *swipes hand in the air* What a way to come back from yesterday's SOPA blackout!

Jaiden "The Cure" has been the industry's best kept secret for at least the last 5 years. I first heard him back in 2007, I think, performing at Chrisette Michele's album release party for her debut 'I Am.' I was amazed at his range and vocal ability. I actually had a video clip of the two singing Erykah Badu's "On and On" on my cell phone for a looooong time. The performance was just that good.

I followed Jaiden's music through his MySpace page for the next year or so (MySpace was still relevant then), but there wasn't much visible movement from the crooner. I don't blame the guy. Who needs fanfare when you're singing in Quincy Jones' living room? Fast forward a few years and he was out on the F.A.M.E. tour with Chris Brown. He dropped a free album titled 'Shades of Gray: The Cure Suite II' in the 3rd quarter of 2011 and is now kicking off this year with a new video.

Jaiden and Yummy Bingham are the perfect compliment to each other. Both artists are young, incredibly gifted singers with jazzed out sensibilities. "Melody" is my kind of love song. It's bright, playful and makes me want to dance. They absolutely slayed this song! So, now I will spend the next 2 days catching up on Jaiden's music. You should too.

Check the video below and slap this in your MP3 player ASAP!

Shoutout to Tiffany Monique for the link.



6CSUBZQGF4FE

No comments: