Pages


Saturday, August 16, 2008

Exhausted!

Man, I almost killed myself today. I went to Chico Fontaine's family's annual picnic and after eating and mingling, everyone broke out to do some activities. After a pretty hilarious potato sack relay race and a couple other activities, people decided to break out the pigskin for some two hand touch ball.

Now, football is my game! I played most of my life on organized teams. I told myself I wasn't going to get out there and play. The only reason I told myself that is because I recently got out of the hospital and I just SHOULD NOT have been out there. My body needs time to recover, ya dig?

Well, after about 15 minutes of watching, I decided I couldn't fight the itch. I guess much like Amy Winehouse in the line of sight of a crack pipe. Ok, that was tasteless. Sorry.

Anyway, I got out on the field and decided I'd just play quarterback and take it easy. After throwing back to back interceptions, I knew that I could not embarrass myself any further. So, I jumped to my natural position; wide receiver. Then, things got very different.

I was zipping all over the place catching almost everything thrown my way. It felt good to play, but it felt horrible to play. I tried to finish the game, but my body shut down on me. I plopped myself down on the grass and just gasped for air. I took a couple big gulps of water that my wife brought to me but I just couldn't get it together. I felt like I was going to vomit.

I eventually pulled myself up and went to sit in a chair in the shade. I threw a hand towel over my face and I just sat there shaking. It was pretty damn stupid of me. Now I'm exhausted and I'm going to pay DEARLY for my error in judgement tomorrow. :-(

1 comment:

DaiTime Japan said...

I need you to sit down! Rox! Don't be out there passin out! I'm glad you had fun at the family picnic. That is priceless!