Pages


Thursday, May 6, 2010

Protege - The Blackout


If you asked me what the hottest shoe on the market is right now, I'd answer, "The Blackout!", without a second thought.  The first time I saw this shoe online, I left my house immediately to go buy a pair.  Lucky for me, there is a K-Mart store not more than 15 minutes away from my home.  I say lucky because as far as I know there are only 3 K-Mart stores in New York City.  I wouldn't want to drive 45 minutes to an hour to 34th street or even longer to find a store in New Jersey.

Protege doesn't get much love in the world of collectors.  The price point and point of purchase being the biggest stigmas.  I consider style above all else and these shoes are stylish.  I don't care if they cost $35.00 or $350.00.  I have expensive shoes and that's not what made them stylish to me.  Protege styles seem to really pop in the white, orange and blue colorways.  Show me The Blackout in all black and I'll pass on it every time.  The color blocking on this shoe is fantastic though and really accentuates the design cues.

I've read many reviews of different Protege shoes to try and get a better idea of how well they're being received.  I almost always encounter comments about poor performance.  I've never really picked shoes based on how they perform for sports.  It's fashion first when it comes to my footwear and as long as they look good and are comfortable, I'm in 'em.  The shoes feel solid to me.  I won't be putting any serious strain on them ever, so I was more than satisfied with the feel.  This is my second pair of Protege shoes.  The other pair being the A3H; in white, orange and blue, of course.  I'm looking for the Trifecta in a size 14 currently.  I haven't been able to find them in my size.  They are always too big or too small.

If you're like me and consider style above all else, I recommend you check out Protege shoes. 

No comments: