Pages


Monday, October 31, 2011

Red Eye - "Step Aside"


You know how I discovered The Closers? Blackberry Messenger. Honest to goodness. The teams CEO Big Mike sent me links to some new tracks and videos from Shabaam Sahdeeq and he was also promoting The Closers. The video was for "Night Time" featuring Sadat X and General Steele of Smif-N-Wessun. That was late 2009. I didn't keep up with their movement but I do remember the work being solid all around.

Fast forward to today and this video from The Closers member Red Eye has rekindled my interest. The man goes guerilla with the bars! With lines like "Y'all dudes is little like fonts with the caps off." and "Who wake up in the morning and turn their swag on? True players never turn their swag off!" you can't help but listen with a sharp ear. Red Eye is an MC for real and "Step Aside" is a great nod to the Hip-Hop of yesteryear with a healthy helping of right now.



No comments: