Pages


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TKFQ - "Free Ya Mind"


I love when dope music sneaks up on me like this. We all know that NYC is brimming with talent but I'm still surprised when I hear artists like TKFQ (Tha Kid From Queens). This 19 year old rapper, obviously, from Queens is mighty impressive with his flow, cadence and vocabulary.

Sitting right in the pocket of today's "Hipster-Hop" TKFQ has it all in place. Even production by MG is spot on. Using a brief vocal sample from The Matrix, he works out over a blaring funked out horn sample that screams 90s Hip-Hop. It's 100% dope. I will most definitely be checking for the young gunner going forward.

Check out "Free Ya Mind" below and let me know what you think in the comments. Is TKFQ on his way up?

ThaKidFromQueens-Free Ya Mind by ThaKidFromQueens

No comments: