Pages


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

F.Y.I. - "Incense"


I hear a LOT of rappers and one of rappers' favorite thing to say is, "I'm working." What that usually translates to is, "I spend a lot of time in my friend's bedroom studio creepin' on a come up." It's terribly cliche and repetitive but that's what rappin' ass rappers do, so whatever.

Then there are rappers like F.Y.I. He is working. From performing at some of the country's biggest indie music festivals like A3C and CMJ to landing a spot on a reality TV show to being named a Top 25 Artist to Watch on URB Magazine; F.Y.I. is doing real work.

The newest showcase in his storied history is the single, "Incense" produced by LA based hitmaker Shlohmo. It's a cloudy tale of a lascivious late night told in a cryptic style that really sets F.Y.I. apart as an artist. There is a behind the scenes clip available from the video shoot and I can't wait to see it.

Now I need to find my damn incense. "We burning incense slooooowwwww...." 


No comments: