Pages


Monday, March 4, 2013

Sherrod White - "One in a Million" Music Video


Monday morning inspiration is always welcome in my world. I, like many of you, absolutely dread Monday's. At least I dread all the crap that seems to surface on Monday's exclusively. In reality, any day that I'm alive is a good one!

It was nice to hear Sherrod White this morning talking about decidedly positive things. It took off my Monday edge and calmed me down. "One in a Million" has an all classic Boom Bap groove produced by Tone Jonez. The old soul feeling is rich and made more impressive by the fact there are no record samples.

Sherrod takes his time with the track and gives a solid lyrical performance. The visual perfectly compliments the sounds as it's about simplicity and truth and neither needs any "dressing up."  I definitely appreciated the content and timing on this track. Check out the music video below...

No comments: