Pages


Saturday, January 2, 2010

Step Your Dice Game Up



These are precision dice.  Yes, that's right....precision dice.  Produced by Zontik Games, these dice are engineered to offer the most fair rolls possible.  It's done by filling the die with material that is the same weight and density as the material that the die itself is made of.  In other words, the paint that's used to fill the spots on the die is precisely weighed so that it exactly matches the weight of material that was removed to make the impression.  This makes each face uniform.  In less lux die, a six side weighs less than one side I assume.

You'll find these die in Zontik's high end board games.  I'm talking upwards of 5 stacks for a chess set!  That's all well and fine if you got it like that.  What works my nerves is coming to the realization that, apparently, every pair of dice I've ever rolled in my life have been bastard dice that weren't giving me a fair roll!  That's some ol' bullshit.  You know how many Monopoly games I could have completely dominated if I just got a damn 3 so I could land on Boardwalk?  You know every time that happens everyone just stops "playing" and turns their strategy to "saving" so they can pay up when they land on Park Place or Boardwalk with a hotel on them.  From now on, I'm sticking to games with a spinner.



No comments: