Pages


Friday, April 29, 2011

24KR Design JV Shoutout Varsity




I met up with Smitty from 24KR Design today near the home of the now fishing Knicks.  I haven't seen him in a while but I'll see him twice this week. Today's meeting was so I could pick up my JV Shoutout Varsity jacket.  24KR Design is a full service graphic design house based in Brooklyn, NY.  Partners Trevin "Smitty" Smith and Chris "Strick" Strickland have quickly established themselves as a go to source for quality graphic work at reasonable prices. 

This very limited production piece is the comapny's first major foray into brand imaging.  I was lucky enough to snag one thanks to Smitty giving me the early heads up.  The jacket gets it's name from a missed opportunity. The shoutout is for a relative that requested the back graphic as a tattoo.  After concept, creation and delivery, the recipient decided she didn't want it anymore. Smitty, not being one to waste a great graphic, stripped the graphic down to it's main element and put this limited article together. The result is super slick and sure to garner more than few, "Where'd you get that from?"

No comments: