Pages


Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mag - "The Truman Show" Live


When I first heard MaG back in January, I was truly impressed with his sound. So when I got the opportunity to check him out live this week I jumped at the chance.

I caught the Bronx MC's 45 minute set at The Delancey with a six piece band and definitely glad a made the long drive south to see it. He took the crowd through previous material as well as some new joints from the upcoming project. I grabbed some video of the "The Truman Show" from 2009's 'I Ain't Goin' Back to Retail.'

I had a great time at the show and the band was on point. I've have seen many Hip-Hop artists working with live bands but I have NEVER seen one with a Ukulele. That was wild to see. Sidebar: I had a damn good hard cider to sip on while I vibed to the music too. Second one I've had in about 4 days time that was on point.

Anyway....

After grabbing some quick photos and video I got to really soak in the music and I'm really digging MaG's craft. He delivers "everyman" topics with great style. I'm looking forward to hearing what he gives us on the new project.

Watch MaG get busy and download 'I Ain't Goin' Back to Retail' and other works at the link below.




No comments: