Pages


Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kaori in the City 2 - New York Yankees




Finally!  I no longer feel like the last person in NYC to visit the new Yankee stadium.  We realized yesterday that the Yankees had 2 home games left before hitting the road.  If we didn't catch one of the two remaining home games they wouldn't be back in NY before Kaori returns to Japan.  So at 11 am, we jumped up to go see the Bronx Bombers beat up on the Texas Rangers.

We drove down to 138th street and then took the 4 train up to the stadium.  We had to get tickets off of a scalper so we ran around for 10 minutes trying to finagle the best deal possible since we were already 15 minutes late.  We managed to get a deal we were comfortable with and headed for  the stadium.

Coming off of the train, I was first greeted by the remaining rubble of the old stadium.  I couldn't really believe my eyes seeing it up close.  It gave me that eerie Ground Zero feeling.  I've been on the fence about whether destroying the old stadium was really justified or not.  Once I entered the new one though, I was too blinded by the "bling" to even care anymore.  There is so much history in the old Yankee stadium but the new one is sure to build it's own legacy.


The new stadium is REALLY nice.  The views are incredible, the food is a lot better and that giant screen is just awe inspiring.  Prices are still sky high, but there's nothing like taking in a baseball game with friends and family.  If you haven't been yet, I hope this blog post inspires you to do so in the very near future.


We sat up on the terrace level and although it was too cold up there for my tastes, I'm glad we did sit there.  The view up there is just amazing.  You really get the full gist of how grand this stadium is. 


They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let Kaori sum the day and this post up:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanna back to nyc!!kaori ahozura saikou!!lol

hitomi