Pages


Wednesday, January 16, 2013

MaG - 'freedom.'


The simplest way for me to approach this is to say this; This is a really beautiful project.

I've been following MaG's music for just over a year now. The title track from this project was the first I ever heard from him and I was very much impressed with his sound. So impressed that I went to hear him live a few months later.

Here we are at the top of 2013 and the full project is finally out in the universe. 'freedom.' is really fine work. The overall tone is a somber one but it's full of energy. It's very clear that this was a well thought out product. The lyrics are highly conceptual and the music is full but not intrusive.

MaG reminds me of Gil Scott-Heron in ways. He's very poetic so fans of lyricism will really appreciate this project. See for yourself...

Full stream below.


No comments: