Pages


Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm in pain.

I haven't worked out in a long time. My wife is on her fitness kick for probably the 15th seperate time and bought a Planet Fitness membership.  She's been going during the day while our son is in school.  So, Friday last week I was off.  She asked me to go to the gym with her and I obliged.

What the hell was I thinking?

When I work out, I work hard.  I worked biceps and triceps only as I always break my gym days into muscle groups. Other groups would be chest and back, quadriceps, hamstrings and calfs.  I figured arms would be an easy start.

I was so wrong.

After my workout I did my cool down stretching, had a protein drink and some water to rehydrate myself.  I knew I had a solid workout but I didn't find out just how solid until 2 days later.

My left arm is KILLING me!  Both arms are sore but my left feels like it is about to fall off.  I can't even straighten it out.  I tried a hot bath, a massage and a heat pack.  None have provided more than 5 minutes of relief. So I just have to wait it out. Meanwhile, I'm walking around holding my arm at a 90 degree angle and looking like a complete douche bag.

No pain; no gain.

No comments: