Pages


Thursday, May 9, 2013

Exclusive: Rubie Evans - "It's Okay"


I've been listening to a lot of down tempo music in recent weeks so this track is right on time. I had no idea what to expect going into this track. Rubie Evans is entirely new to my radar, but that is the greatest joy in doing what I do. I get all sorts of surprises that can change a moment, a day, maybe even a life.

Rubie Evans is a New York City based singer and songwriter looking to take Uptown upstage. Her single, "It's Okay" really stopped me. I was taken aback by the calm and quiet of it all. Without all of the excess, I was really able to get into the truth of the song. That is not an easy thing to do. To be this private in public is always beautiful...

...and beautiful best describes this song. Rubie does a fantastic job with this track. Though there were some technical issues for me, it didn't matter. This girl can sing and this song is dope! The melody and sentiment trump any other issues.

The track is pulled from her forthcoming 'MISSunderstood' album due this summer. No date has been set as of yet. You already know to stay tuned to RoxFontaine.com for updates. Hold on to this in the meantime...

No comments: