Pages


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Hunt Begins - Week 1

Every year, I go ape crazy trying to get my hands on Nike's Black History Month shoe.  The reason I have to do that is because they have always been models not released to the general public.  Aside from appealing to the collector in me, it's always a very personal endeavor to seek out and claim these releases.  I'm big on my culture and history and these shoes are always nice to have.

Each week leading up to February I will post the previous 4 releases in sequential order.  If I'm lucky, I'll get to post the 5th installment in February.  Below is the first shoe that released in 2006.  By far the most simple of all of the shoes and that's one of the reasons why this one is so special to me.  I learned about this shoe while visiting Flight Club one day.  Chris Vidal and I were discussing shoes and somewhow got on the topic of Black History Month.  He mentioned that he had an Air Force 1 in the building celebrating the month and I almost lost my lid.  I spent the next year and a half or so looking for the shoe and finally managed to grab a pair.  I actually grabbed them after I got the second release.

So, for week 1, here is the first Nike Black History Month shoe.








No comments: